Sunday, June 28, 2015

Couldn't help myself

Today was such a beautiful day, after almost 2 weeks of 100 degree days I just had to get back in the air.

No work on Cherokee today...all play time!  Check out the videos in HD!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

New fuel lines...

The temp dropped below 100 today to a very chilly 88 so we decided to tackle the fuel lines. 

I'm pleased to report that all fuel lines under the cowling have now been replaced.  In addition all of the fire sleeve on all the fuel lines has been replaced.  

She's coming right along! 

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

More parts!

Rest of the parts came in's like Christmas at the hangar...

New Firesleeve for all the hoses...

New oil / brake and fuel hoses

 New Gaskets!

Monday, June 22, 2015

First new parts arrive!

The first of the new parts arrived today and were installed.

Brand new gasket cover valves!  We removed the old cork gaskets which were old and gross and replaced them with brand new silicone gaskets.  

The older cork gaskets were a pain to get off as they "fuse" to the covers and dry out.

Old gross valve covers and gaskets

New valve cover gaskets in place.  so shiny!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Annual inspection complete

Hey guys,  just wanted to drop a quick update to report that the first inspection for the annual is complete. 

I'm pleased to report that there are no major show stoppers that were found.  We've got the expected hoses that need to be replaced, most due to age time out (8 years minimum), the only issue we've got is the muffler has a hole in it and needs to be replaced.

Other than the muffler and replacement of hoses, it looks like we're on track to get her back in the air soon!

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Screw these screws

I have never been more frustrated than trying to change out these screws before the annual.

I spent 6 hours and only got 16 screws out, broke 4,  left at least 9 and broke 3 easy out tools. 

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Quick Update

I've gotten a few messages about the lack of project updates in the past week or so. 

My apologies, the project is still moving forward but we are now into the "big" items (like removing all the inspection panels or wing tips ..etc) and since I do not have a hangar I can only do these items on the weekend when I have time to tear the whole plane apart and put it back together in one day.

We've also hit our prime airshow season and the crew has been traveling to airshows on the weekend, which also takes away days that we can work on the little plane.